Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
[TOPIC - Weddings in Lake Tahoe - by Blue Angel Weddings™]
Do I need a wedding planner?
A Wedding Planner is one whom specializes in taking care of all the details on your wedding day. I guess the first thing is to ask yourself is a few questions? Who is going to be making sure that everyone in the bridal party is in the correct placement at the right time, who is organizing your favors and making sure they are set on the tables, who will manage the timing of your reception, who will make sure the flowers have arrived and boutonnieres have been given to the appropriate person?
For some (creative types like Martha Stewart,) organizing their wedding is a dream come true, however organizing a wedding can also be stressful event - so why not have someone else manage the organizations for you, while still enjoying creating your special day into your dream wedding.
We have preferred Wedding Coordinators who we highly recommend you contacting for further information.
Tahoe Dream Events Sue Novasel 530 577 6027 www.tahoedreamevents.com Sue@TahoeDreamEvents.com
Where should I get my marriage license?
To be legally married in the State of California, you must purchase a marriage license and have a marriage ceremony performed. The fee for the license is $60.00 for public marriage and $53 for a confidential marriage. Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. If you do
not get married within 90 days, the license will no longer be valid. You must purchase a new license. For answers to the most common questions, please visit the El Dorado County Recorder-Clerk's Marriage License Issuance page or their Frequently Asked Questions page. For all other questions, please call El Dorado County's Recorder-Clerk.at (530) 621-5495
Additional Information on California Marriage Licenses
1. You do not need to be a California resident to marry in California.
2. Only an unmarried male and an unmarried female may marry in California.
3. Marriage by proxy is NOT allowed in California. Family Code, Section 420(a) requires the bride, groom, marriage officiant and witness if applicable, be physically present together in the same location for the marriage to be performed.
4. Blood tests are NOT required to obtain a marriage license in California.
5. Both parties must appear in person and bring valid picture identification to the County Clerk’s Office to apply for a marriage license in California. Valid picture identification is one that contains a
photograph, date of birth, and an issue and expiration date, such as a state issued identification card, drivers license, passport, military identification, etc. Some counties may also require a copy of your birth certificate.
6. If you have been married before, you will need to know the specific date your last marriage ended, and how it ended (Death, Dissolution, Divorce or Nullity). Some counties may require a copy of the final judgment if your previous marriage ended by dissolution or nullity.
7. Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from the date of issuance. If you do not get married within 90 days, the license will no longer be valid. You must purchase a new license.
8. Many County Clerks in California perform civil marriage ceremonies in their offices. For further information regarding civil marriage ceremonies, please contact the County Clerk’s Office directly to see if they provide this service.
9. California Family Code, Section 400 states the persons authorized to solemnize marriage ceremonies in California are as follows:
10. A priest, minister, or rabbi of any religious denomination.
11. A judge or retired judge, commissioner of civil marriages or retired commissioner of civil marriages, commissioner or retired commissioner, or assistant commissioner of a court of record in this state.
12. A judge or magistrate who has resigned from office.
13. Any of the following judges or magistrates of the United States.
14. A justice or retired justice of the United States Supreme Court.
15. A judge or retired judge of a court of appeals, a district court, or a court created by an act of Congress the judges of which are entitled to hold office during good behavior.
16. A judge or retired judge of a bankruptcy court or a tax court.
17. A United States magistrate or retired magistrate.
18. A legislator or constitutional officer of this state or a member of Congress who represents a district within this state, while that person holds office.
19. All fees and hours of issuance for a marriage license may vary by county.
20. The person solemnizing the marriage must return the original marriage license to the County Clerk or County Recorder as applicable within 10 days of the date of the ceremony. Addresses should be on the county site.
21. You will NOT receive a copy of your marriage license after you have been married unless you request and pay for a certified copy from the County Clerk or County Recorder as applicable.
22. ALL information on the marriage license MUST be legible, unambiguous and reproducible. DO NOT change any information on the license, cross out information, use white out, etc., as that will require the payment for and issuance of a duplicate marriage license. Contact the County Clerk’s Office if you have questions about completing the marriage license and/or incorrect
information contained on the marriage license.
Nevada Marriage License and Requirements
To be legally married in the State of Nevada, you must purchase a marriage license and have a marriage ceremony performed. The fee for the license is $55.00. Payment may be made by Cash, Credit/Debit cards (Reno office only), Money Orders or Travelers Checks only.
The marriage license may be obtained up to one year prior to the ceremony. The marriage license must be purchased in person in the Marriage License Bureau in either Reno or Incline Village.
For answers to the most common questions, please visit the Marriage Bureau's Frequently Asked Questions page. For all other questions, please call the Marriage Bureau at either number below:
75 Court Street, Reno, NV
Telephone: (775) 328-3274 | Fax: (775) 328-3122
Hours: 8 AM to 12 Midnight Monday to Sunday
855 Alder Ave. #104, Incline Village, NV
Telephone: (775) 832-4166 | Fax:(775) 832-4161
Hours: 8 AM to 5 PM (Closed 12-1PM) Tuesday to Saturday
What services does Blue Angel Weddings™ offer?
We offer Wedding Packages (ceremony & reception sites), Banquet facility & Catering(weddings & events).
What vendors do you use?
We have a variety of preferred vendors which we highly recommend you use to guarantee you a high level of service. We suggest everything from transportation, Wedding Cakes, Flowers & DJs. Put link to services.
Can you help us with accommodations?
We recommend a variety of budget to five star lodgings in the Lake Tahoe Area. Certain lodgings offer free shuttles (eg Lakeland Village)which can be beneficial to you & your guests.
What types of services do you provide?
The Blue Angel provides full service catering from a self-serve buffet to a plated multi course meal.
Small or large events, we can cater them all. We provide hand crafted food by our acclaimed Chef who can reflect any world cuisine from a broad array of exotic to home cooked favorites.
All of our menus are full of great ideas. Feel free to design your own. On a strict budget?… let us design something that will fit your needs. We can also
cater at unique locations of your choice.
We provide professional rental management, bartending, site set-up and site tear down services to ensure that your event is a success.
*How much do your catering ,wedding package & banquet loft services cost?*
Your event cost will depend upon a variety of important factors such as the
number of guests, the length of your event, if you require us to reserve the
location for you, the cost of your food & beverage selection, if it is a
fully catered event with our staff or a drop off pick up and do you need
rentals for your event site.
*Costing for Food & Beverage*
We believe that your gourmet menu does not have to be expensive just because
it is served at a wedding. Our menu options vary in price and our set buffet
menus vary from $11.99 to $19.99 from an Italian Style Pasta Bar or Mexican
Fiesta Taco Bar for $19.99, our Aussie BBQ Menu ($24.99) to our Featured
Wedding Menu ($29.99). Or you can build your very own menu off our a la
carte menu and we can also offer plated service. Please view our catering
menu for further costing on our menu options, staffing, gratuity etc. Link
to our catering menu
*Our Banquet Loft - *
Our Banquet Loft is rented out for $299 for 4 hours on a Friday or Saturday
Evening. Please click here to see alternative rates for day and length and
what this includes.
*Wedding Packages -*
We offer a variety of affordable wedding packages to compliment our
“innovative food from around the world”. Our wedding package rates start as
low as $899 which includes the ceremony location with minister, decorative
wedding certificate, bridal bouquet & matching boutonniere to your reception
location inclusive of reception tables, chairs, linens, plateware,
silverware & glassware for table setting plus friendly servers.
We offer avariety of beautiful ceremony locations including multiple beaches, gardens,
forest locations and chapels. Please see our wedding packages for further
details on pricing.